Insurance and Liability for Damage
Accidental Damage Covered by Insurance
- Motor vehicle accident
- Vehicle theft
- Windshield and glass damage
Note: There is a US$750.00 deductible (US$1,000.00 deductible starting 04/01/2009) for all Accidental Damages. Deductible applies per accident or damage and not per rental!
Damage NOT covered by Insurance
- Negligent Damage. Customer assumes unlimited responsibility for Negligent Damage. "Negligent Damage" refers to accidents caused as a result of Driver's negligence and includes but is not limited to:
- Accidents occurring off public roads.
- Accidents occurring while backing up or parking.
- Damage above windshield caused by striking overhead objects, undercarriage damage (including tires and wheels).
- All damages to slide-out and awnings.
- Damage caused by freezing of the vehicle's systems (it is not permitted to fill water- and/or waste tanks when temperatures are below freezing - please see Winterization).
- Deliberate or willful damage caused by renter or guests.
- Interior damages caused by renter or guests.
- Failure to maintain all fluid levels.
- Driving under the influence of alcohol, drugs or other controlled substances.
- Traveling in restricted areas.
- Carrying more passengers than having seat belts available.
- Failure to use specified fuel.
- Operation by anyone under 25 years of age unless approved by Road Bear RV.
- Damages and accidents caused during breach of rental contract or use of rented vehicle for illegal activities.
Notes: No coverage is provided for travelers and their belongings in the rented RV under either policy.
Liability Insurance Included in the Daily Rental Rate
Public Liability Insurance to cover accidents in the event that the Renter is at fault. The policy protects the Renter/Driver to Statutory Limits (State mandated minimum liability coverage). Liability coverage is applicable in the state where the accident occurred and current limits can be found at the following website www.mbainsurance.net/liability_limits.php
Supplemental Liability Insurance (Optional)
Supplemental Liability Insurance (SLI) may be purchased for an additional fee. SLI provides the customer and any authorized driver on the rental contract with an increased limit of liability protection for up to US$1,000,000 toward 3rd party damage claims.